Senior Data Architect
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a rapidly expanding presence in Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $20B and generates over $5B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
We are seeking a Senior Data Architect to join our Highgate data team. The Senior Data Architect partners with various lines of business, information technology, and operations to develop data-oriented solutions that support enterprise platforms. Develop semantic data layer that supports real-time data exchange between external and internal applications, and integration of data warehouse and existing operational processes. The Senior Data Architect will also be involved in developing the governance of business processes and data architecture, ensuring that all fields and mappings contain complete, well-formed, and accurate definitions and the design structure aligns with the best practices of the given component. This position is an operational position. Finally, this position will be instrumental in designing our future data storage strategy.
- Document the existing technical landscape across the enterprise and legacy data artifacts to inform implications for new project architectures and analytical
- Support the processes to identify, capture and store data in the various databases.
- Collect requirements for new business projects and crafting requirements for where gaps exist based on your understanding of how things should
- Establish a perspective on data needs, designs, work breakdowns, and roadmaps that meet shared goals and demonstrate incremental
- Provide project architectures to ensure alignment with standard methodologies, established and reusable patterns, and anticipated outcomes.
- Escalate risks and issues during all phases of all projects.
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams to understand data and share relevant conclusions.
- Ensure data governance is met in each step of the data flow.
- Work with data end points to ensure data integrity and that data flows are properly met.
- Work on data storage transformation by providing insights and design recommendations.
- Create and implement the future state data architecture that aligns with business and IT strategy.
- Development of a reliable and scalable data pipeline and processes to support data integration with servicing applications.
- Maintain and publish architecture documents including data model diagrams, data dictionary, and mapping documents, data integration coding standards and other technical specifications. Ensures existing data assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise.
- Participate in projects and work to ensure quality implementations using agile methodology including gathering requirements, gaining business consensus, assist in performing vendor and product evaluations and assistance in delivering solutions, training, and documentation.
- Actively contribute to improving the Enterprise Architecture by closely cooperating with business leaders.
- Produce database/architecture documentation and technical specifications for the ETL programs to implement data warehouse and BI platforms.
- Evaluate existing ETL and other data integration processes for poorly performing, unnecessarily complex, difficult to maintain, or unstable processes. Develop refactoring solutions to streamline and simplify where possible and effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Develops specific metrics and control procedures for data quality and consistency
- Design, develop, and implement real-time data exchange mechanisms between external and internal applications.
- Ensure data quality, integrity, and security throughout the data lifecycle.
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure proper data security and access controls are implemented during data integration processes.
- Create data governance initiatives by ensuring compliance with data management policies, standards, and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of professional Data Architecture experience
- 5+ years of professional Cloud Architecture experience
- 6+ years of experience designing and implementing cloud/datalake platforms, cross platform architecture and integrations
- 5+ years of experience in logical/physical dimensional data modeling. In-depth knowledge of database structures for data warehouse, data mart, operational data store, and the related ETL and reporting procedures
- Solid communication skills - ability to adapt messaging for different functions and keep leads informed of your progress.
- Ability to explain and demonstrate how complex systems interact and deliver on an executive level overview
- Experience with data - proficient with common patterns and practices within an enterprise data environment and broader technology landscape
- Meticulous - Takes a proactive approach to project planning and implementation, including proactively identifying, communicating, and addressing issues.
- Curious - ability to continuously analyze how things are working and drive to always learn
- Quick learner – ability to assess, design, and lead based on the business goals.
- Independent - ability to work independently with guidance and proactively drive
- Advanced level of SQL and/or Stored Procedures programming and Proficiency in SQL and data manipulation languages.
- Served as data modeler, data architect, or related database management positions and developed expertise in master data management, data warehouse, and data integration
- Experience with data integration tools and technologies (e.g., Informatica, Talend, Apache Kafka).
- Familiarity with various data formats (e.g., CSV, XML, JSON) and data protocols (e.g., REST, SOAP).
- Understanding of data governance principles and best practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Production experience with modern data ingestion frameworks.
- Familiarity or experience with the Data Vault Modeling, including 2.0 specification.
- Production experience with data modeling.
- Experience working with data analysts and data engineers for SQL development, troubleshooting and performance
- Broad understanding of strategy and architecture modeling standards and how to interface with other
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have the ability to collaborate with business stakeholders and converse clearly to all level of business leadership.
- Travel/hospitality industry experience is preferred but not required.
Salary Range $150K - $175K plus bonus.
Share on your newsfeed
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law.
Inspiration and Innovation in Hospitality. Dream Here.