Data Engineer (Remote a Possibility)
The hiring range for this opportunity is $89,000 - $135,000 annually along with incentive opportunities, creating a competitive total compensation package based on our pay scale, and may be modified by location and is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Data Engineer manages the entire back-end development life cycle for the Bank’s data warehouse. The implementation of Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) procedures, cube building for database and performance management, and dimensional design of the table structure are all tasks that fall under the purview of the Data Engineer. The position collaborates closely with the Product Management, other Data Engineers, and Analyst teams to achieve insights, provide the organization with valuable data solutions, and enable reliably informed strategic decisions. Data Engineers must be able to work independently on projects with little oversight from senior leadership. They also need strong communication skills and effectively convey their ideas to senior leadership and other members of the team.
• Create data models used to extract information from various sources and store it in a usable format.
• Maintain data integrity by designing backup and recovery procedures.
• Identify opportunities to enhance performance by improving database structure or indexing methods.
• Conduct research to identify new technologies that can be applied to current projects.
• Deliver reports, dashboards, and custom solutions for various business lines’ critical requirements.
• Lead all aspects of data engineering from delivery planning, estimating and analysis, all the way through to data architecture and pipeline design, delivery, and production implementation.
• Analyze data to find patterns or insights that can be used to develop strategies or make business decisions.
• Develop new dashboards using existing data sets to create new products or improve existing services.
• Maintain existing applications by updating existing code or adding new features to meet new requirements.
• Design and implement security measures to protect data from unauthorized access or misuse.
• Recommend infrastructure changes to improve storage capacity or performance.
• Analyze and organize raw data, build data systems and pipelines.
• Evaluate business needs, objectives, interpret trends and patterns.
• Conduct complex data analysis and report on results.
• Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling.
• Build algorithms and prototypes.
• Combine raw information from different sources.
• Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
• Identify opportunities for data acquisition.
• Collaborate with data analysts and architects on several projects.
• Contribute and maintain a data dictionary.
• Maintain a current understanding of stated procedures and policies, including regulatory compliance issues as it relates to all pertinent FDIC, DFPI, and other Federal security regulations related to Data Governance and Data Security.
• Maintain a current understanding of Bank policies and procedures in compliance with all federal and state laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (SARs, CIP, OFAC), Information Security (GLBA), Privacy Laws (CCPA), Identity Theft Red Flags, Financial Elder Abuse Reporting, and any other applicable regulations that may be specific to your job duties.
• Understand data privacy and data security concepts and experience with delivering data-related projects.
• Ability to communicate across disciplines (ex. security, privacy, legal, risk).
• Firm understanding of Data Governance, specifically in the banking and financial sector.
• Review, comprehend and maintain a current knowledge of all applicable laws, rules and regulations governing assigned area of responsibility.
• Extensive experience managing corporate data warehouse programs within medium to large organizations.
• Knowledge of evolving and current threats including Cyber terrorism.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding all customer and employee information.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Information Technology or related field, strongly preferred.
• 5+ years of proven data and performance engineering experience.
• Expert in SQL.
• Python experience
• Snowflake experience (developing ETL pipelines)
• Data Bricks experience
• Writing Workflows and Notebooks in python/scala/sql
• Knowledge of AWS
• A proven track record of developing custom-built data/analytics solutions and experience in supporting large scale programs.
• Experience with system analysis, data analysis or programming, using a variety of computer languages and procedures.
• Experience working in Agile environments.
• Banking experience strongly preferred.
• Experience leading complex regulatory projects.
• Experience across multiple bank departments desired.
• Knowledge of laws and regulations impacting data protection and confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and data in the financial industry such as Sarbanes-Oxley, and state regulations.
• Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organizational levels.
• Leadership ability to provide guidance, coaching and training to staff and to other Bank employees.
• Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks, good time-management, problem prevention and problem-solving skills.
• Proven track record of success demonstrating leadership and management skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
Established in 1975, Tri Counties Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TriCo Bancshares (NASDAQ: TCBK) headquartered in Chico, California, with assets of nearly $10 billion and more than 45 years of financial stability. Tri Counties Bank provides a unique brand of Service With Solutions® for communities throughout California with a breadth of personal, small business and commercial banking services, plus an extensive branch network, more than 37,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide, and advanced online and mobile banking.
Tri Counties Bank remains strong and profitable through our top-down commitment to our core values, sound business principles and responsible lending practices.
Our success is also based on our community engagement. We still believe in the vision of the helpful and caring community banker. As we grow and serve more communities, we become more involved, providing substantial financial and volunteer support to local economies and community organizations. We applaud our employees who roll up their sleeves to work and volunteer for a greater good in our communities.
Tri Counties Bank hires individuals who are qualified for the role and who represent the communities in which we serve. We look to place people in positions where they can best utilize their abilities and strengths, and where they are able to grow with the Bank.
Tri Counties Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.
Improving the financial success and well-being of our shareholders, customers, communities and employees.