ANR Data Engineer - Juniper
Alaska Northstar Resources (ANR) is currently seeking a fully remote Data Engineer to join our team on an exciting and long-term program supporting a US government program. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Lead and architect migration of data environments with performance and reliability.
- Assess and understand the ETL jobs, workflows, BI tools, and reports.
- Address technical inquiries concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of data products Experience in crafting database / data warehouse solutions in cloud (Preferably AWS. Alternatively Azure, GCP).
- Experience in crafting database / data warehouse solutions in cloud (Preferably AWS. Alternatively Azure, GCP).
- Support an Agile software development lifecycle
Candidate must be US Citizen
Candidate must have ability to obtain and maintain US government Common Access Card (CAC)
Candidate must have ability to obtain and maintain position of Public Trust with US Government
Candidate must have Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science, MIS, CIS, Engineering, or additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
Candidate must have 5+ years experience with the following:
- Industry experience coding commercial software and a passion for solving complex problems.
- Data Engineering with experience in tools such as: Big data tools (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.) Relational SQL and NoSQL databases (including Postgres and Cassandra), Data pipeline and workflow management tools (Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.), AWS cloud services (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift), Data streaming systems (Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.), Search tools (Solr, Lucene, Elasticsearch), Object-oriented/object function scripting languages (Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.), as well as Amazon S3, Athena, Redshift Spectrum, AWS Glue, AWS Glue Catalog, AWS Functions, and Amazon EC2 with SQL Server Developer.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring and optimization (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores; manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets; manipulating structured and unstructured data for analysis; constructing complex queries to analyze results using databases or in a data processing development environment; data modeling tools and process; architecting data systems (transactional and warehouses); aggregating results and/or compiling information for reporting from multiple datasets; working in an Agile environment; supporting project teams of developers and data scientists who build web-based interfaces, dashboards, reports, and analytics/machine learning models.
Desired skills (not required):
- Experience with Informix and Data Stage
About Alaska Northstar Resources (ANR)
Alaska Northstar Resources (ANR) maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and challenging work assignments with opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities you must complete an online application.
Alaska Northstar Resources (ANR) is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. ANR is an advocate of preferential hiring and professional development of qualified Shee Atiká Inc and Subsidiary Companies shareholders, their spouses and descendants, and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
For further information on our equal opportunity protections as part of the employment process, please see
Alaska Northstar Resources (ANR) is committed to expanding access to employment for people with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and your disability prevents you from applying, please advise what reasonable accommodation ANR can provide to assist you in applying for one of our open positions. You may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation for applying for a specific posted position will be responded to. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis.
The pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
$110,000 - $140,000
Providing end-to-end technology solutions that exceeds our clients’ most challenging needs.