Senior Sensor Software Data/Engineer
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.Job Description:
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented 100% Remote Senior Sensor Software Data/Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to conduct/participate in architecture, design reviews, risk analysis, code reviews, and reliability assessments.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Deploy and configure software in laboratory and operational settings.
- Integrate hardware, software, and network components into a complete Air Base Air Defense solution.
- Evaluate the suitability of prototype Air Base Air Defense solutions to mission needs.
- Work across multiple security boundaries and at multiple classification levels
- Develop and maintain documentation related to design and test.
- systems, subsystems, and components.
- Develop high-quality core software written in Java using the NetBeans, Eclipse, or IntelliJ IDE in a Linux Environment (RHEL 8)
- Creates associated software deliverables such as requirements and design documentation, software code, and unit and integration test plans and procedures.
- Performs Unit and Integration testing activities, data, software, and hardware troubleshooting, and provides support to testing through design verification and validation.
- Complies with DoD and Military software engineering regulations, quality processes, and guidelines.
- Develop software tools as needed scripts using Python, MATLAB, and other relevant languages.
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Development in SCRUM under the Agile development methodologies and frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar degree required.
- U.S. Citizenship
- CLEARANCE REQUIRED –SECRET
- Solid understanding of design methods (e.g., OOP OOD, SOLID, UML) and full software product life cycles using agile methodologies.
- Understanding of software architectural issues when designing software systems.
- Ability to estimate work durations based on high-level requirements.
- Understanding of real-time concepts on sensor and big data platforms, multi-threaded applications, and inter-process communication
- Ability to engineer software from broad software requirements based on product/system-level requirements.
- Highly skilled in Java, Spring, Java Virtual Machine (JVM), in both Linux and Windows OS (98% Linux)
- Scripting expertise with YAML, Python, MATLAB, and Shell scripting or similar language
- Networking experience (OSI Layer 3 and 4): TCP/IP, NAT, L2 Switching, Firewalls, DHCP, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Experience with software development tools such as Git, Jenkins, and JIRA
- Excellent written and verbal communication & and organizational skills and can work independently as well as within a team.
- Familiarity with network cyber terrain and system documentation in Visio
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of Java-based distributed software development experience 15 years preferred.
- Experience using and configuring hyper-converged computing solutions.
- Experience with Docker Containers and Microservices using Java missile systems, battle management systems
- Experience developing and executing test plans.
- Experience with DoD DevSecOps CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in Fortify SAST and Static Code Analyzer
- Experience with one or more of the following: radars, optical sensors,
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
SecretThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.Salary Range:
$100,400.00 - $203,600.00
We are a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets