Security Clearance required:
Able to obtain Public TrustCognosante is on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare and national security systems. With our health and security-focused solutions, we help public sector organizations achieve the important task of providing the best possible public services to American Citizens. From Enterprise IT, Data Science, and Security Services, to full-scale Consumer Engagement and Interoperability solutions, we are moving government services forward with transformation and innovation. Learn how we are making a difference in people’s lives today!
Cognosante is looking for a motivated, hands-on Data Architect with strong logic and interpersonal skills who is up for the challenge of joining a high-performing Data Engineering Team. As a Data Architect, you will lead the strategy and implementation for the data integration solution. The technical domain of the Data Architect includes conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling, defining data integration strategies, data integration standards, source to target mapping, best practices, tools and technologies, security in the data integration environment, data integration architecture, design, development, capacity planning, performance tuning, and administration. At Cognosante we foster a supportive, collaborative, and fun environment where team members are empowered to push the envelope of learning and creativity.
- Develop and implement data architecture strategies that address current and future data needs while aligning with business goals.
- Gather and analyze structural data requirements for new software and applications.
- Design and create conceptual, logical, and physical data models that capture the project’s data requirements and relationships.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data usage, integration requirements, and reporting needs, and translate these into effective data architecture solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend data storage, processing, and retrieval technologies that optimize performance, scalability, and data quality.
- Define data governance and data management standards, ensuring data integrity, security, and compliance with industry regulations.
- Collaborate with data engineers and database administrators to implement and optimize data pipelines, ETL processes, and data warehouses.
- Lead efforts to standardize data naming, definitions, and formats to promote consistency and ease of data consumption.
- Use data mapping, data mining, and data transformational analysis tools.
- Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data architecture, and apply this knowledge to enhance our data strategy.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior members of the data team, fostering their growth and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable field. (8 years of experience can be substitute for degree)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience developing and implementing one (1) or more Industry Standard Database systems.
- Proven experience as a Data Architect, Database Designer, or a similar role, with a track record of designing and implementing successful data solutions.
- Strong proficiency in data modeling tools, database management systems, and data integration techniques.
- Familiarity with both relational and non-relational databases, as well as cloud-based data platforms.
- Significant experience managing operational databases including handling complex migrations with mission critical applications.
- Deep understanding of data governance, data security, and compliance best practices.
- Extensive experience dealing with sensitive data and healthcare industry standards and regulations.
- Experience with technical requirements for data classification and implementing data protection technologies.
- Must be knowledgeable of secure coding practices for databases.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to translate business requirements into effective data architecture solutions.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and techniques is a plus.
- Relevant certifications in data architecture or database management are advantageous.
- Expertise in SQL
- Able to pass a background check to obtain a Public Trust (Tier 2) Position
Candidates that do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered
- Previous Federal Government or VA experience
- Certification in SAFe Solution Architecture or in cloud technologies (AWS or Azure)
- Project Management, Lean Six Sigma, Scrum or other business certifications
- Cloud-based ETL, Data Quality, MDM, or Data Warehouse certifications (i.e. AWS, Azure, Snowflake, Informatica)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Understanding of Oracle DB, SQL Server DB, MongoDB (nosql), and PostgreSQL databases
- Possess active Public Trust (Tier 2) Position
- Agile/Scrum Certification
$93,942.70 - $150,308.31The pay range for this job is determined by various factors, including but not necessarily limited to location, responsibilities of the job, and alignment with market data. When determining a salary for this role, the following factors may will be taken into consideration - contract-specific affordability, education, knowledge, skills, competencies and experience. The estimate displayed represents the salary range for this position and is just one component of Cognosante’s total compensation package for employees and is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee.
Cognosante will not provide sponsorship for employment-based immigration benefits for this position.
Like many other growing companies, Cognosante has been targeted by scammers attempting to make fraudulent job offers to potential candidates. Communication from Cognosante recruiting will only be sent with an official corporate domain email (e.g., @cognosante.com or @accurate.com) and not a commercial domain e-mail (e.g., @gmail.com or @yahoo.com). We will never request payment from you, nor will we send payment to you, prior to your start date. If you have been asked to send or receive any payment, or if you have any doubt about whether you have been contacted by a Cognosante employee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Cognosante is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Mission-driven technology company that delivers transformative solutions to government healthcare & human services agencies. We innovate with purpose....