IT Application Big Data Architect
**We are interested in every qualified applicant who is eligible to work remotely in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor New VISAs.
What is my Impact?
IT Application Big Data Architects are required to manage technical design and implementation efforts for the Commercial & Medicare Rewards Programs and support the Rewards Issue Management Team. They will work with Enterprise Architecture and technical teams in impacted domains on end-to-end design, coordination and execution of specific technical components as required.
What are my Key Responsibilities?
· Define project-level application architectures in line with business area guidelines and strategies.
· Define detailed technical designs usable by project team programmers.
· Review code developed by Developers to ensure code is consistent with architecture design.
· Selects and designs tools that allow reuse of design components and patterns between projects.
· Provide day-to-day technical direction to project team while also prioritizing and resolving technical issues affecting and deliverables, escalating technical issues when required.
· Facilitates project handoffs including preparing documentation, educating, and supporting to ensure smooth transitions.
What is Required?
· Required Work Experience: 4+ years related work experience in IT development/programming/coding professional work experience.
· Required Education: Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience IT related field.
· Display technical leadership with advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience applying current and emerging technology solutions and trends.
· Proficient in multiple programming languages, versioning tools, and debugging tools.
· Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding, design, and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures.
· Knowledge in Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) software engineering practices
· Proficiency in creating architecture, redesign, and communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately for wide variety of audiences
· Demonstrated ability to understand overall IT strategy and apply/implement IT strategy in assigned projects/initiatives.
What is Preferred?
· Experience with Big Data storage engines: S3, Hbase, Casandra, Hive, or Parquet.
· Experience with Big Data querying engines: Hive, Presto, Athena, or Apache Drill.
· Experience with Big Data platforms: Databricks, Cloudera, Horton works, or HD Insight.
· Experience with Spark related ETL, ELT technologies: PySpark, Scala, Python, Jupyter notebooks, or Tableau.
· Experience with data manipulation with Python Matplotlib, Numpy, Sci-kit learn, Tensorflow, or Pandas.
General Physical Demands:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects. Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
What We Offer:
As a Florida Blue employee, you will thrive in our Be Well, Work Well, GuideWell culture where being well as an individual, and working well as a team, are both important in serving our members and communities.
To support your wellbeing, comprehensive benefits are offered. As an employee, you will have access to:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and global travel health insurance.
· Income protection benefits: life insurance, Short- and long-term disability programs.
· Leave programs to support personal circumstances.
· Retirement Savings Plan includes employer contribution and employer match.
· Paid time off, volunteer time off, and 11 holidays.
· A comprehensive wellness program.
· Additional voluntary benefits available.
Employee benefits are designed to align with federal and state employment laws.
Benefits may vary based on the state in which work is performed.
Benefits for intern, part-time and seasonal employees may differ.
To support your financial wellbeing, we offer competitive pay as well as opportunities for incentive or commission compensation. We also conduct regular annual reviews with pay for performance considerations for base pay increases.
Annualized Salary Range: $102,000 - $165,800
Typical Annualized Hiring Range: $114,750 - $ 127,500.00
Final pay will be determined with consideration of market competitiveness, internal equity, and the job-related knowledge, skills, training, and experience you bring.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable culture for our employees and communities.
We are a family of forward-thinking companies offering a broad range of health solutions that help people and communities achieve better health.