Health Data Management Engineer, Lead
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office as a Senior Health Data Migration Engineer. Assess the current VA's data migration requirements, and maintain and update the strategy to meet the requirements. Review error and trace logs. Track messages by domain and reconcile table counts with Cerner. Review secure data message transmission logs. Track the number of records sent per message by domain. Monitor queue depth by service, process, and operation. Track retry attempts and suspended messages. Validate and update data integration reports in support of VX130 data domains. Review, update, and maintain Cerner to CDW, VistA, Millennium or Cloud database data mappings for potential data migrations. Evaluate and integrate data from multiple sources, which requires data mapping from one data source to another minimizing any data loss. Document VistA extraction and monitoring process and update existing documentation quarterly. Interpret Cerner’s data model to be used for the construction of APIs, queries, and reports that will be consumed by internal or external applications. Review domain adds to Ensemble production. Validate Ensemble data flows built using VX130 ClassBuilder.
- 15+ years of experience with InterSystems IRIS in a healthcare environment
- Experience with VA and DoD legacy health data or private sector health data
- Experience with extraction, transformation, and loading of data between system
- Experience introducing new hardware or software into a new or existing environment while minimizing disruption and mitigating risks
- Experience with Cache
- Experience with VistA, IRIS, or Ensemble
- Ability to coordinate with development and user teams to assess risks, goals, and needs and ensure that all are adequately addressed
- Bachelor's degree in CS, Engineering, Math, Information Systems, Data Science, Data Analytics, or Statistics or 23+ years of experience working in a professional environment in lieu of a degree
- Experience in the VA
- Experience with implementing EHRs
- Experience with scalability analysis and modeling
- Experience with end-to-end system performance assessment and optimization
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $93,300.00 to $212,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.Work Model
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
#LI-AH1, #LI-Remote, DH1, ID13-C
Sharing our expertise in analytics, digital, engineering, and cyber to help organizations transform. Empowering people to change the world. RTs ≠ Endo...