Committed to the growth of our clients, Orion First appreciates the importance of its own team development. Orion’s culture is built around empowering each employee to channel their drive and exercise his or her own judgment, care, and leadership. Our employees are continually leading our industry forward through active roles throughout the industry association's various councils and committees. We work hard to provide motivated and talented individuals an opportunity to achieve their career goals. We cultivate employees that express an earnest desire to learn and grow within the organization, filling new roles as they gain experience. We are always seeking to connect with driven individuals, because we know our growth and success is the result of talented, focused, and persistent hard work.
In addition to a salary that is competitive for both the industry and the region, Orion First offers the following benefits and perquisites:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Time Off
- WFH Benefit
- And More!
The Orion Insights team works with executives, managers, and subject matter experts to help them better understand small business portfolio performance. We partner with internal and external stakeholders to build data products (interactive dashboards, KPIs, reports, etc.) that drive essential business decisions and expand access to capital for small businesses.
The Data Engineer will play a key role within our organization’s Insights team, contributing to developing and supporting our data products. Tasks will involve developing and owning all data pipelines supporting environments including SQL server, Azure, Salesforce, Snowflake, Matillion. This critical position on a small team can influence Orion First’s overall data strategy.
VP/ Data & Analytics
- Design, develop, document, test, and maintain data pipelines.
- Collaborate with data analysts, engineers, and stakeholders to identify and document requirements/needs for data pipelines.
- Manage and create API endpoints for clients to interact with Orion data products & access their data.
- Monitor the performance, scalability, and security of data systems; performs analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assists in resolving them.
- Validate source data quality and drive improvements.
- Assist in the deployment of analytics products
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to take projects from system design to implementation.
- Experience using cloud workflow orchestrator (Prefect, Airflow, AzureData Factory, etc.) to manage data pipelines.
- 2+ years building efficient data pipelines, performance tuning, and integrating disparate data sources.
- 2+ years using Python to structure and analyze data.
- 2+ years using SQL to query and structure data.
- 1+ year Matillion ETL or similar tool (like Talend, Qlik, Alteryx)
- 1+ years developing solutions with API endpoints.
- 1+ year Snowflake with exposure to snowSQL, snowpipe
- 1+ year with DBT for data transformation
- At least 1 data migration project, preferably SQL server to Azure Cloud.
- Experience working within Microsoft Azure managing compute and storage resources.
- Experience using GitHub.
- Experience in designing data architecture and familiarity with data governance concepts.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Power BI or any other reporting tools.
- Desire to cross-train and learn reporting tools.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to cross-train peers.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
Serving those who fund small business.