Sr Data Engineer
The Leidos Public Health Operation is seeking a Sr Data Engineer, Contingent upon contract award, to support a Modernization effort for the CDC.
Role is expected to be fully remote
Must currently reside in the United States for the last three consecutive years
Assists in the implementation of data governance processes and systems. Develops and maps vocabularies to support data that flows through CDC’s North Star Architecture. Supports data exchange processes and data sharing within the organization. Coordinates with data governance support to facilitate streamlining of data access request processes. Builds and maintains data warehouses that store and organize large data sets for analysis. Optimizes data storage and retrieval by designing and implementing efficient storage systems, such as NoSQL or Hadoop, and using indexing and partitioning techniques. Applies data validation, data profiling, and data cleansing to ensure data quality and integrity. Collaborates with data analysts and data scientists to understand data requirements and develop solutions.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 12 years of progressive related experience
- Experience with conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling
- Experience with exchanging health data in various standards and formats such as XML, CSV, JSON, EDI X12, HL7, and FHIR.
- Possess data science expertise to prepare and analyze unstructured data.
- Experience with Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing for data analysis, manipulation, mining, and pattern recognition.
- Strong software scripting skills in Python and other scripting languages (Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with statistical programming using R, Python, Scala, or Metlab.
- Experience with creating objects, querying, and improving performance of RDBMS databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySql, etc.)
- Experience with Azure Boards, Jira or VersionOne (Agility).
- Prior experience working with the Git version-control system
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Knowledge of Scrum and Kanban Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and demonstrations.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery/Integration tools such as Azure DevOps, Azure Data Factory and Jenkins
- Experience with building data warehouses, data marts, and data lakehouses using Azure Databricks, Data Warehouse, Data Factory, and Hadoop
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Grafana and Splunk
- Familiarity with event streaming platforms such as Kafka and Spark
- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development, and testing.
- Demonstrate ability to navigate projects through established processes and continuous improvement.
- Experience with implementing IT and data Policy as Code frameworks
- Knowledge of Master Data Management approaches, tools, and implantation.
- Knowledge of FAIR principles for data stewardship.
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements for data science and analytics products and performing gap analysis.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Excel, Power BI, Azure Data Explorer
- Familiar with SAFe Agile development methodology
- Experience with CDC/Public Health
- Knowledge of NIH EPLC and Stage Gate reviews
Requires ability to obtain Public Trust level 5 clearance
Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at LeidosCareersFraud@leidos.com.
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science.