Data Operations Engineer
The Data Operations Engineer is responsible of the deployment, administration and support of advanced healthcare data interoperability solutions using multiple tools and programming languages. The Data Ops Engineer uses industry standards and best practices to ensure that data integration solutions are operational and working efficiently with a focus on automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
This position is full-time remote; however, travel to the home will be required as needed. The selected candidate must reside in North Carolina. Candidates located in the Rock Hill, South Carolina Region will also be given consideration.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop, deploy and support SQL and SSIS processes to support data integration projects
- Develop, deploy and support APIs to consume and distribute healthcare data
- Design, develop and execute unit testing plans
- Develop technical and business process documentation for data integration projects
- Design, develop and/or manage monitoring solutions for data integration projects
- Maintain and continually improve data integration projects
- Conduct ETL and data pipelines capacity planning, optimization, troubleshooting and support
- Assist in establishing standards for the design, development, implementation and support of data integration projects
- Provide data integration support to internal and external stakeholders
- Any other tasks as reasonably required
Education & Experience
Required: Graduation from a Community College or Technical School with a major in Information Technology or related field and seven (7) years of experience in a computer science related field including experience in a data integration or ETL development position. Military experience and education in the field of work related to the position's role may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities-
- Expert programming in SQL
- Proficient developing, testing, deploying and maintaining ETL processes, preferably using SSIS and JAMS
- Proficient developing, testing, deploying and maintaining APIs, preferably using .NET Framework
- Experience with healthcare interoperability tools and protocols, including FHIR, HL7, CDA and EDI
- Experience working with API management and data integration platforms such as Apigee or MuleSoft
- Experience working with HIEs and/or HISPs
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years of experience in a computer science related field including experience in a data integration or ETL development position or an equivalent combination of education and experience that includes developing complex data integration software applications.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, MuleSoft Certified Developer and/or HL7 Certifications.
$87,454.04 to $150,549.87/Annually
Exact compensation will be determined based on the candidate's education, experience, external market data and consideration of internal equity. An excellent fringe benefit package accompanies the salary, which includes:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long Term Disability
• Generous retirement savings plan
• Flexible work schedules including hybrid/remote options
• Paid time off including vacation, sick leave, holiday, management leave
• Dress flexibility
We are the managed care organization for public behavioral healthcare for the citizens of Cumberland, Durham, Johnston, Mecklenburg, Orange, and Wake ...