Senior Data Engineer Software Development
The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for building and monitoring pipelines connected to on-prem and cloud databases. You will be responsible for the performance and stability of the pipelines. You will be required to collaborate effectively with senior developers, offshore development team members, business owners, project management, and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop high quality ETL pipelines for the Cotiviti product suite.
- Independently troubleshoot and resolve issues with minimal or no guidance.
- Create and execute SQL and/or Oracle queries (moderate to complex)
- Work as a team member in creation and maintenance of ETL scripts, tools, queries and applications used for healthcare data management, data validation, statistical report generation, and program validation.
- Program per data transformation specifications to convert source data to be loaded into target data tables using Data Integration/ETL tools.
- Review & test the data to ensure accuracy & validity of the data prior to uploading the data to the warehouse.
- Collaborate closely with offshore development team to provide technical translation of business requirements and ensure software construction adheres to Cotiviti best practices coding techniques.
- Execute all appropriate facets of the Cotiviti Software Development Lifecycle with a desire for continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with data aggregation, standardization, linking, quality check mechanisms, and reporting.
- 2 years’ experience within the Healthcare or Insurance space in a Data Warehouse operations organization.
- Experience in the Analysis, design and development of solutions and strategies for creating extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) and real-time applications.
- Experience with NoSQL, RDBMS or HDFS.
- Strong knowledge of coding and ability to follow best practices while developing and deploying codes.
- Ability to analyze data with a high level of detailed accuracy and identify root causes of issues using queries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize projects to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently or in a team environment.
Base compensation ranges from $107,000 to $130,000. Specific offers are determined by various factors, such as experience, education, skills, certifications, and other business needs. This role is based remotely, and all interviews will be conducted virtually.
Cotiviti offers team members a competitive benefits package to address a wide range of personal and family needs, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage, 401(k) savings plans, paid family leave, 9 paid holidays per year, and 17-27 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year, depending on specific level and length of service with Cotiviti. For information about our benefits package, please refer to our Careers page.
Share on your newsfeed
Cotiviti is an equal employment opportunity employer. Cotiviti recruits, hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications for a specific job. Cotiviti values its diverse workforce and its selection of employees is made without regard to race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, pregnancy, childbirth or pregnancy-related conditions, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic carrier status, military service, veteran status, disability, or any other category of class protected by federal, state or local laws. All employment decisions and personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, and termination, are and will continue to be administered in accordance with, and to further the principle of, equal employment opportunity.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Cotiviti will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)
Cotiviti is a leading solutions and analytics company that is reshaping the economics of healthcare