Data Engineering Chapter Lead
About Constellation Brands
If you have taken a moment to toast with a glass of wine, celebrate with a cocktail, or relax with a bottle of beer, chances are that you’ve shared that moment with us. For more than 75 years, we’ve led the beer, wine, and spirits industry by building admired brands that delight our consumers. Our portfolio balances iconic brands, such as Corona and Modelo, with exciting gems, such as Prisoner Wine Company and High West.
About the Digital Business Acceleration (DBA) Team
Today, we continue to push boundaries by transforming our company through the Digital Business Acceleration (DBA) program. As a member of an agile team, using digital, data science and advanced analytics, you will build business-changing digital tools and capabilities with a state-of-the-art tech stack. As a member of DBA, are the architect of your career with support and mentorship to thrive. You will have the opportunity to dive headfirst into exciting opportunities that will enable you to learn new things and work on a variety of different projects. We value bold ideas, teamwork, and an entrepreneurial spirit. We like to have fun and truly embody a work hard, play hard mentality.
About Our Team’s Culture
Culture is the lime to our Corona and represents who we are. It’s really simple. We follow our 3 C’s – Care, Community, and Curiosity in everything we do. We care about and support one another and the work we do, we fail fast and learn together, and we never stop pushing boundaries and asking questions.
Community – We fail, discover, and celebrate together.
Curiosity – We are open minded and continue to test and learn as a team.
Care – We are genuine in our interactions and take pride in being authentic and supportive teammates.
About the Employee Experience
- Product Allowance so you can kick back and relax with Constellation’s awesome products.
- “Quiet Weeks” where there are no meetings scheduled as an opportunity to focus on individual development goals and have some heads-down time.
- Summer hours where we have half days on Fridays
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $10,000/year so you can continue feeding your brain
- $500 towards your home office set up
- Ongoing learning opportunities, development experiences, and mentorship programs
- Occasional team building meetups
- 160 hours of PTO with 13 paid holidays
- Life/Work Balance? We're all about it. We offer much more than just health care benefits. Our innovative programs and resources are designed to support physical, mental, and emotional well-being for you and your family.
We’re not here to put you in a box, but – like our brands – we have found that a particular blend of attributes and mindsets successfully make up an “outstanding candidate cocktail” Recipe as follows:
- Equal parts willingness to put ambitious ideas forward and support your teammates pursuing their goals
- Strong pour of risk-taking, start-up mentality with a dash of sensitivity to navigating an enterprise size company
- 2 ounces High West Bourbon (optional)
- Garnish with a passion to develop yourself and those you work with
Data Engineering Chapter Lead is responsible for the technical and administrative leadership of data and BI engineers, and development of their competencies, along with coordination of chapter activities. They act as domain experts and lead technical problem solving, unblocking chapter-wide challenges, interface with key stakeholders across the organization and assist in knowledge codification. Furthermore, they provide people leadership to chapter team members, assist with recruiting, and leading talent management and development.
- Define professional standards / work methodology within the Chapter capability; Develops and trains employees to increase productivity
- Leads data engineers in project teams to share knowledge, unblock domain-wide impediments, and improve productivity across all teams
- Actively manages impediments, drawing in other team members as appropriate and fostering trust
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining use of the appropriate vehicles for open communication in the project teams (e.g., task boards, JIRA)
- Continuously seeks to improve team performance by promoting agile best practices and unblocking team impediments
- Shares best practice on data management, data governance and data architecture, data visualization and data analytics with the domain data engineers partnering with IDS and data experts
- Set up interaction and knowledge sharing processes among Chapter employees
- Collaborate with IDS on knowledge sharing, best practice codification, and resourcing/prioritization as needed
- Manage Chapter members professionally; set and agree to individual personal development goals and completes performance assessments
- Manages motivation of Chapter members
- Give function related feedback to Chapter members
- Deep understanding of data architecture, data engineering, data analysis, reporting, and a basic understanding of data science techniques and workflows
- Strong experience and recognized as an expert in the area of Chapter’s subject
- Experience in developing methods and standards and promoting work standards among other employees of the company
- Experience managing staff, interviewing, hiring and assessing personnel
- Deep experience leading with teams in an agile setting
- Knowledge and proven experience of widely successful agile techniques, including user stories, test-driven development, continuous integration, pair programming, testing automation
- Strong communication skills to teach and convey messages in a professional form
- Proven skills in coaching members in the areas of performance, standards and work methods
- Proven ability to resolve conflicts in Agile team before they escalate (mediation skills)
- Ability to create an atmosphere of trust and comfortable/efficient work environment.
- Innovation and strategic thinking to be able to continuously improve and evolve Chapter
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Don’t meet every requirement but still thinking about it? Take a shot! At Constellation Brands, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace where differences are valued and celebrated. Excited about this role, but your qualifications are not perfectly aligned? We hope you will apply anyway- if it’s not this role, it could be the next one!
Virtual - USAdditional Locations
Full timeJob Area
Information TechnologyThe salary range for this role is:
$137,500.00 - $224,300.00This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, the prevailing minimum wage for the location, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We're driven to think beyond today to build the next generation of products and experiences