Falconwood is a woman-owned / veteran-owned company providing consultation and programmatic support to Department of Defense (DoD) Information Technology (IT) initiatives and programs. We provide expert advice and consultation on a diverse range of IT subjects, focusing on acquisition, cybersecurity, engineering, logistics, and process development.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Data Architect to the support to Navy Enterprise Business Solutions program office. The Data Architect provides architecture support and advice to the Chief Architect in the development of the strategy and design, and the build-out, implementation and operation of an appropriate and robust data architecture approach. The Architect will lead efforts to transition from DoDAF 1.5 in IBM System Architect to DoDAF 2.02 in Magic Draw No Magic CAMEO tool. They will also lead the coordination across all Navy ERP projects to integrate changes to business process, system, and data models. The Architect will support the implementation of digital engineering/MBSE utilizing the Navy ERP enterprise architecture models and support the development of the to-be S4/HANA Navy ERP solution architecture while minimizing system customizations. This position requires active secret clearance.
- Maintain the integrity of the architecture and make it visible and accessible to a wider audience.
- Work with System and Enterprise Architecture views and supporting artifacts, including Business Process models and integration of data model content linking data to processes.
- Assess Enterprise Architectures and recommend improvements to align with the GAO Enterprise Architecture Management Maturity Framework more closely.
- Work in the complete life cycle of enterprise resource planning software, including business development, and knowledge of high-level architecture design, technology selection, and the overall infrastructure solution.
- Facilitate business process re-engineering (BPR) events and effectively communicate complex solutions and issues.
- Assist to develop data management strategy for Enterprise Resource Planning system that is aligned with business processes.
- Collaborate and coordinate with System and Interface architects to assist data conversions, data migration and sizing of database to support successful data migrations.
- Research and properly evaluate sources of information to determine possible limitations in reliability or usability.
- Apply sampling techniques to effectively determine and define ideal categories to be questioned.
- Compare and analyze the provided statistical information to identify patterns, relationships and problems.
- Prepare detailed reports for management and other departments by analyzing and interpreting data.
- Refer to previous data gathering efforts and findings to determine the ideal method for gathering data
- Participate in review teams with Government personnel, other contractors and systems integrators for program strategies, and integrated schedules.
- The candidate MUST have an ACTIVE Secret Clearance
- The candidate must have a Bachelor of Science degree in a related field.
- The candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in enterprise architecture, architecture management frameworks, and developing implementation architectures, as well as 2 years of experience with enterprise business IT systems.
- The candidate must have experience in transition from DoDAF 1.5 in IBM System Architect to DoDAF 2.02 in Magic Draw No Magic CAMEO tool.
- The candidate must be an expert data modeler.
- Must be capable of communicating effectively in writing as well as verbally at a senior management level.
- Must be able perform duties on-site, at the Washington Navy Yard (Post COVID) when required.
- Must be capable of performing effectively individually and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work with minimal oversight and meet deadlines.
- Must have effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have short-term and long-term planning skills.
- Must be able to manage their time, be on time to meetings, and juggle priorities.
- Certified Enterprise Architect (CEA) preferred
- Agile SAFe experience preferred
- SYSML experience preferred.
- No travel anticipated.
$120,000-140,000 based on qualifications and experience.
Share on your newsfeed
Benefits Highlights: 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, PTO, Federal Holidays, Performance Increases, Reserve Duty Compensation and more!
A Certified Veteran-Owned Women-Owned Small Business