Data Engineer, Data Analytics & Automation
At Siemens Digital Industries Software, we're seeking a skilled Data Engineer to join our dynamic Marketing Data Analytics & Automation team (DAA) to impower data driven insights!
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join us in our journey to enable impactful data insights and shape the future of data-driven decision-making. Your expertise will be a pivotal asset in our mission.
As a Data Engineer, you'll take on the vital task of architecting, constructing, and nurturing our data infrastructure. Your work will empower seamless data collection, storage, and processing.
- You will be a key contributor to the success of our SaaS (Software As A Service) Transformation across all of Siemens Digital Industries
- You will ensure that our data pipelines and systems remain dependable, secure, and available.
- You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- You will empower our organization to glean significant insights and make well-informed decisions based on data.
- You will be crafting, nurturing, and administering ELT and Event Streaming pipelines that efficiently replicate data from both cloud and on-premises sources to our Snowflake analytics database.
You are a good fit for this role if you:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or similar disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, or similar role with focus on providing enterprise level data pipelines from various sources for analyzing
- Profound expertise in SQL, enabling you to navigate data with ease.
- Skilled in loading data into Snowflake utilizing tools like Snowpipe or equivalents.
- Adeptness in employing DBT in tandem with Snowflake for seamless data transformation.
- Command of scheduling and orchestration tools such as Airflow, streamlining operational efficiency.
- Experience in AWS EC2 storage and the development of AWS Lambda functions.
- Hands-on familiarity with versioning, continuous integration, and platforms like Github and GitLab.
- Exposure to Stream Processing platforms like Apache Kafka, Confluent, or Amazon Kinesis, enhancing your data-handling capabilities.
- Experience in SaaS (Software as a Service) environment a plus
The salary range for this position is $93,400 to $168,100 and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. The actual compensation offered is based on the successful candidate’s work location as well as additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.