Principal Software Engineer - Data Platforms
This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
“We Power the Magic!” That’s our motto at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Technology & Digital. Our team creates world-class immersive digital experiences for the Company’s premier vacation brands including Disney’s Parks & Resorts worldwide, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, and Disney Vacation Club. We are responsible for the end-to-end digital and physical Guest experience for all technology & digital-led initiatives across the Attractions & Entertainment, Food & Beverage, Resorts & Transportation and Merchandise lines of business as well as other initiatives including MyDisneyExperience and Hey, Disney!
If you're passionate about driving engineering strategies to support large-scale data and software environments, join us! We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who will use their deep expertise in engineering to drive data engineering practices that ensure well-constructed and easy to maintain code with robust testing automation.
This role sits in Data Products & Platforms within Technology & Digital for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products. It works closely with internal segment engineers from across the company. The ideal candidate has broad skills that are balanced between interpersonal and technical capabilities so that they are able to influence standards across the organization.
- Lead engineering practices for data environments that enable the collection, ingest, storage, and processing of large data products
- Collaborate with engineers to make decisions across teams on their engineering work and practices
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies and industry leading approaches in the field of data management and software engineering
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to data and software engineers at different levels
- Conduct code review pull-requests with consistent scrutiny on engineering practices
- 10+ years of software development experience across diverse domains and passionate about engineering practices in the data space.
- Expert level coder, able to develop solutions that solves sophisticated problems
- Authority in Python development and DevOps practices, e.g.,: CI/CD, docker, testing, and automation
- Expert in at least one of the following languages - Typescript, Java, or another strongly typed language
- Strong experience implementing data software solutions using AWS and Data Warehouses like Snowflake and Google Cloud Platforms
- Proven grasp and believer of agile development approaches, including DevOps concepts
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
Disability accommodation for employment applications
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The hiring range for this remote position is $172,036.00 to $265,430.00 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Disney magic right at your fingertips!