We have a client that is looking to hire an AWS Data Engineer. This is a great opportunity to work in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry. You will be apart of the agile team, developing, designing and implementing AWS solutions that supports the company’s clinical research and biorepository. You will be working on data acquisitions, applications and management, interfacing with LIMS and linking data from other business units. You will be playing a critical role in that enables biostatisticians, epidemiologists and scientists to gain insight on patient’s health.
· Work alongside an agile team to create and deploy cloud based systems and applications that supports the biorepository research and real world solutions.
· Providing cloud-based solutions in PaaS, FaaS (serverless) and SaaS applications and working on the AWS pipeline reporting and analysing data.
· Advanced understanding of modern data stack objectives-sourcing and ingestion. Examples, API integrations, BI/Analytics, storage/processing, transformation/modelling, Snowflake, AWS and hybrid solutions on pipelines.
· Develop solutions to streamline and automate workflows and improve the software development lifecycle.
· Bachelor of Sciences in computer science, computer engineering, bioinformatics or another related technical field
· Desired, at least 3 years of experience with data engineering in the biotech/pharma industry
· Developing solutions for cloud technology for bioinformatics and pharmaceuticals colleagues
· Experience and understanding of working with clinical, epidemiologic, lab or omics technology and data
· Expertise in collection, migrating and transformation data using Linux, Python, SQL, Spark, HIVE/Presto